Monday, June 8, 2009

The Change Game

Playing the Change Game was fun and educational at the same time. I can only imagine the hours that someone put into developing that game. The lessons we learned were invaluable. So many times I felt as if we were going in circles, making the same mistakes over again. I can see this happening in school systems in reality as well. You really have to think things through before proceeding to the next step, and it is important that you not get ahead of yourself, or your staff, for that matter. Make sure you know your people. Do as much talking as possible to get the word out before you try to further implement any stage of change within a school, and make sure you are talking to those whom others will follow. Last, but not least, make sure your Principal is on board first.

No comments:

Post a Comment