Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Tough weekend got worse today
I have one set of grandparents that I am close to, and they still live in Thomasville, NC. "MawMaw" Foley hadn't been feeling great, complaining of not being able to use the restroom for a couple of weeks now. Two of my aunts took her to see a doctor last week, and on Friday I was told a tumor was found around her pancreas. Her doctor recommended that she see an oncologist right away and be tested. She went yesterday to register at Forsyth and had to return this morning for testing. They discovered it is cancerous and has spread rapidly, already in her lymph nodes. She has until tomorrow to decide if she wants to have surgery. According to the surgeon, without surgery, she has at most 4 months to live. With surgery and chemo, 6-12 months. She wants to live longer, so she'll probably have the surgery. But her system may not be able to take the 4-hour surgery, as she is very weak from not eating. If she decides to follow through, the surgery will take place on Monday. Yes, she is 75, but I am still not ready for this. Who has time to think about another job? Please pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment