On Sunday night, four of our group members met online for a discussion of our goals. There was some confusion on where to begin. We first discussed what it means to be a 21st century learner. Then we described what is going on in the schools that we each represent. Since our county has implemented a plan to have Active Boards in each classroom by 2010, I mentioned that we have several classrooms in the building slated to receive them this summer. I really thought we were behind the times in Rockingham County, but it appears that we are actually in the forefront of most schools. We then talked about the tools of the 21st century learners and I pulled up a website for everyone to follow me to. The information was very helpful. It gave a mission statement, or a vision for the future, for a particular school system. At this point, the four of us had been online for over an hour. Lisa decided that perhaps we needed a tool for collaboration that we could add information to for each other to view. I volunteered to construct a wiki at wetpaint.com. Once we concluded the meeting, I worked on the wiki for a couple of hours and added some information that I had found. From there, I sent everyone an invitation to make changes to it. Hopefully this will be a success. You can view the website at http://asucollaboration.wetpaint.com/.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment